From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Warren Baltimore
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2009 4:22 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: A little 6.3 mid tier help if you please!

ARS 6.3

Mid Tier 6.3

Apache

Here's the deal....

I have a form used by the field techs when refreshing new equipment.
Once the tech has "provisioned" all of the equipment, and they have
finished recording which equipment the customer is getting, he/she
clicks a check box that pushes the information to a signature page.  So
far so good....

The problem that I have is I want to instantly pop a window that will
allow the customer to login and "sign" for the equipment.

My problem is this, the tech is going to be signed on using the Mid
Tier.  I am using the ViewFormServlet to indicate which form and Request
to open, but I need it to open NOT as the tech,  but as the customer.
I've tried using the username= paramater, but no matter what I do, the
form opens as the Technician.

By the way, I'm not doing an open window to the form.  Instead, I am
opening a display only form with a view field.  I am setting that view
field to the page I want.

Is there a way for me to get to where I want to be?  I don't want to
send a notification to the user via email as that will be subject to the
vagaries of email and time!  I want the tech to be able to just click
and go.  Get the sig and be done.  I know that if I logout the tech,
then the whole thing is going to die (at least that's what I expect to
happen.)

I suspect that there is a way of opening that new browser in the view
field independant of the technician's session.  Any ideas?

Or do I just need to swallow and go the email route?

Thanks in Advance!
--
Warren R. Baltimore II
Remedy Developer