Warren,

I would think about this as an idea...

BasicGuide-630.2006.05.09.pdf Pg: 619

 --> Application-Confirm-Password

You can build a dialog to capture the "other users password" and
submit it it as a "customer signature record". If the password is
valid then a record would be created. If not, then an error should be
thrown.

Then the tech can finish up anything they need to and submit the whole
set of data. :) Or workflow can auto trigger all of that from the
dialog when the customer signature submit works. :)

Just make sure that the customer could login and sign the records
later too and I think you should be good to go. That way the tech
could "finish it pending a signature" when the customer is not there,
and the customer could sign for it later.

--
Carey Matthew Black
BMC Remedy AR System Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.