From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:48 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Anybody able to export all ITSM 7.x definitions with DevStudio?

**
What Lyle outlined seems to be the case (at least for me).  I went from 2gb to
6gb of RAM on my Windows 2008 64bit workstation today.  The maximum that I have
been able to set the Dev Studio is -Xmx1568m.  If I add much more to that I get
errors trying to start Dev Studio.

I have not been able to find a place within the Java settings to increase the
max JVM heap.  Is it a environment variable that I am missing?

So here is a question.  I have the 32 bit 1.6 JRE installed.  Will that limit
the heap size to a 32bit limit?  When building 64bit 2008 machines one of the
apps (the AR Suite installer maybe?) complained about the 64bit Java so I went
to back to the 32bit.  Is my setup an invalid test of expanding the max heap
over 1.5gb?

I am trying to do a full export of Help Desk/SLA 6 and a bunch of custom apps
from a 7.5 p1 server using Dev Studio 5 p2 with the new Xmx1568m setting now.
I have not been successful with previous full export attempts.  I'll update the
thread if it is successful.

Jason
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Lyle Taylor