For what it's worth, our new pre-production environment of ARS 7.5 and ITSM 7.6
is all installed on 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 servers, and it is all running as
well as can be expected for 32-bit apps on 32-bit JVMs.

DB:   Dell R710 8 core x 24 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 with
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise x64 SP1
APPS: Dell R710 8 core x 24 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 (Sun
SDK 1.6.0_16)
 - ARS 7.5.00.003, AtriumCore 7.6.00.001, ITSM 7.6.00, SLM 7.6.00

WEB:  Dell R610 8 core x 12 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 (Sun
SDK 1.6.0_16)
 - Mid-Tier 7.5.00.003 on bundled Tomcat 5.5.25 (NOT using IIS)
 - Flashboards 7.5.00.003
 - All application Help files on IIS 7.0
 - Will also host Kinetic Request 4.4.1 on its own instance of Tomcat

RKM:  Dell R610 8 core x 12 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 with
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise x64 SP1 (Sun SDK 1.6.0_16)
 - Remedy Knowledge Management 7.5.00.001 on Tomcat 5.5.25 (tomcat installed
with mid-tier, which was then removed; the tomcat 5.5.20 install bundled with
RKM 7.5.00.001 refused to work on 2008 R2, and for that matter, so did the
Apache distribution of Tomcat 6.0.20)
 - Forced Hummingbird SearchServer 6.1 into x86 directory to run as a 32-bit
app under RKM
 - Atrium Integration Engine 7.6.00.001

We are busy trying to determine what customizations to bring forward from ITSM
7.0.03.009, and how to move the foundation data, and so far the apps themselves
seem to be behaving properly in their OOTB installed configurations (with
sample data loaded).  Most of the installation problems have been with tomcat
(surprise, surprise), or with client applications (Dev Studio, User, and Data
Management App) on Windows 7 desktops that put write-required files in
read-only directories by default.  Some functions like AREA are not configured
yet, so I don't know if 2008 R2 will give me trouble with them; SSL on the
tomcat servers is configured using OpenSSL.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/