From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Tue Jul 13 20:35:14 2010
Subject: Re: Statement of Direction regarding EOL of Remedy User client has
been amended.

It expected that there will be a *DBC interface to AR System in future
releases.  That interface will not be provided through a Remedy User client for
the obvious reason that the client will not be distributed.

That aside, a different method for integrating with desktop client side
applications will be considered that would emulate things done currently
through OLE/DDE (and potentially ODBC to a certain extent).  The goal will be
to ensure a needed capability is fulfilled and will not be driven by a desire
to retain or utilize a specific technology –  which is why details cannot be
provided.  This is what the FAQ is saying.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Enterprise Service Management
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.