Hi Shawn

The Copy-to-New functionality is not intelligent - it does not know what
fields you may or may not need clearing out to avoid problems with your
application data.  However, it is easy to add this intelligence by creating
an active link that fires on the event Copy-to-New for each form that sets
the appropriate fields to $NULL$.  If these active links do not exist in the
application you are using, you should put in an enhancement request.

Regards

David Sanders

Solution Architect

Enterprise Service Suite @ Work