From: William Rentfrow
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:58 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Server name in notification

**
If you check the checkbox to include a URL to the entry in the email – where
does it get the AR Server name from?

For example, our URL looks like this:

http://midtier/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=NTE%3aNotifier&server=Myserver.Domain.Com&eid=NTS000000000383

myserver.domain.com isn’t configured in the mid-tier and consequently we get an
error.

How the “myserver.domain.com” part is goes into the URL is a mystery to me.
All of our servers are currently configured with a short name (e.g., myserver
instead of myserver.domain.com) and the only place the FQDN exists is as an
IP-Name entry in the ar.conf file.

The actual server name is the short name.  Everything else I can find is the
short name.

Thanks in advance…

William Rentfrow

Principal Consultant, StrataCom