Still mucking about with Migrator 7.6.04.03 -10.

After applying SP3 for AR Server 7.6.04, I see that the primary ticketing forms
and their overlays were "touched" by the service pack.  HPD:Help Desk,
CHG:Infrastructure Change, PBM:Problem Investigation, and PBM:Known Error were
all updated - both overlays and overlaid objects.  I want to compare apples to
apples and oranges to oranges between the Sp3 server and the production Sp1
server to see if the Service Pack changed the overlaid form in some way that
must be accommodated in the overlay.

Migrator refuses to do a difference report from either Overlay to Overlay or
Overlaid to Overlaid between the two servers.  Migrator ONLY offers to map the
Overlay on one server to the Overlaid on the other server, or vice versa
(apples to oranges), which is completely useless.  That function USED to be
only for comparing Overlay to Overlaid on the SAME SERVER, not different ones.

This is going to be an ESSENTIAL comparison to make every time you test a
service pack or an upgrade, to see what changed on the base (overlaid) object,
and determine what to update in the overlay.  I don't remember having a problem
doing this when working in a pure 7.6.04 SP1 environment before we rolled out
last year, but it's been almost a year since then.  I could SWEAR that I used
to be able to compare like objects (overlays - OR - overlaid) between servers
since we tested some of our customizations on a trial server (and adapted them
from 7.0) before moving them to the pre-production server.

What am I missing?; it was a long night hacking on the mid-tiers early this
morning.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/