Hello All,
I'm guessing this will get an answer fairly quickly from the license gurus.
I thought I knew the answer to this, but apparently I did not.

BMC prof services told us that a user who is assigned a floating license
will only be assigned a floating token when they MODIFY a record, after
login, until that point they are only assigned a Read APPLICATION license.

Ex.  Users are setting their own Application Preference records from the
INC Mgmt console per our direction so that "Show Problem" = Yes on the
Overview Console.

This query invokes the floating ITSM Problem Floating license that we were
told would not happen and pushes our floating licenses for Problem through
the roof and way out of compliance.

I thought that the user would log on, receive a read license, and that
simply having your Application Preference set to "Show Problem" would not
invoke the Floating Problem License as it is simply running a query. Am I
crazy? :-)

I've dug around on the BMC support site for the official documentation, but
I can't find it. If anyone can point me to that URL or share a license doc,
I will buy you beers at the RUG. :-)

Thanks in Advance to All,

Jase Brandon