John,
At WWRUG, Jay Shankar, VP of support was there with her team of
directors, managers, etc. from support as well as engineering to hold
a session on customer support. They did a good job of explaining how
they were improving support models and introducing new interfaces and
improving their current model. They also answered questions from the
attendees and took feedback. I think they understand that there is
room for improvement and changes are coming. They may take some time
but the issues we are complaining about will be addressed.
So to answer your question, I don't think they were there to apologize
for anything but they were there to share and collect info and
feedback.
It's good to see they are listening and taking the feedback seriously.

Sent from my iPhone