We can never know how the forces end up playing the cards. After all the
links between ServiceNow and Remedy/BMC are not very distant.

ServiceNow is a
software-as-a-service<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as_a_service>
(SaaS)
provider of IT service
management<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IT_service_management> (ITSM)
software. It was founded in 2003 by Fred
Luddy<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fred_Luddy&action=edit&redlink=1>,

the previous CTO of Peregrine
Systems<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Systems>
 and Remedy Corporation <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remedy_Corporation>.
The M in BMC John Jay Moores *-- *He founded BMC
Software<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMC_Software>
 in Texas <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas> in 1980 and was the lead
venture capital financier for Peregrine
Systems<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Systems> in