From: "BradRemedy" <bradrem...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: 31/07/2014 10:38:02
Subject: Server Groups - Your thoughts please.

**
Firstly, thanks for any help you guys can offer.

We are busy upgrading to ITSM 8.1 and want to setup server groups to ensure we have HA in our environment. Currently on our live environment now we have a single live server which makes us a little nervous. Our DB is a clustered DB with a separate instance handling just reporting. This keeps unnecessary traffic off our live DB which is only for Remedy.

We are looking at having the following architecture setup:

So Remedy Live App Server 1 and Server 2 are both Physical Servers. The Remedy Mail and Escalation Server is Virtual Machine server. We wanted to keep escalations and mail processing off our mail servers and wanted them to rather focus on providing a ITSM and SRM Service to our users.

What I want to know, is the above possible ? Do I need to install the ITSM and SRM applications on the Remedy mail and escalation server for it to work or can I just do a Remedy 8.1 Core installation? Do I also need to include it in the server group but with its only job as processing mail and escalations or can I keep it out the server group?.

Also, If I setup the setup group with just the App server 1 in it for now, can I turn off the "Administration Server" option and use it as normal and only activate the Administration option when we add in the second server to the server group at a later stage ?

Are there any problems with the above plan or something I am missing?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks