Welcome Jason. This is the easiest/basic auth. If you don't want passwords in the user.xml then you can use tomcat realms from a db source and/or a class

http://www.christianschenk.org/blog/setup-your-own-tomcat-security-realm/

Not done this myself but looks pretty easy.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jason Miller" <jason.mil...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: 31/07/2014 18:12:19
Subject: Re: Server Groups - Your thoughts please.

**
Thanks Danny! I have been meaning to look up how to do this. I knew it was possible and have poked around a bit but just haven't got around to actually doing it. Although I would rather we are not storing a static/clear text password in a file. But... I was thinking a password for each of my team. Maybe we should just have one shared account for our team. That would serve the purpose and avoid use need to keep track of another personal password.

Jason