Chuckie

Don't get me wrong, my family and I have spent many happy summers at
seaside, wildwood and other shore locations, which can be some of
the greatest vacations spots in the world for a young family. Just
trying to say that I don't think that is what most envision for AP.
Can the boardwalk accommodate some year-round retail, yes, very
little and mainly in the way of food and drink. The developer has
other plans which will not work. I am a friend of his original
retail partner from a national firm that resigned because they
thought he was talking theough his anus.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> hey now, dont knock seaside.  i had a great summer last year -
grins-.  but i have an understanding of what you might consider bad
about the place.  i dont think the fishmans ever said 100% of the
boadwalk would be year round retail.  i think he said there would be
some seasonal places too, around the beach club area.  if you look
at a place like seaside, or even point pleseant.  they have a few
clubs on teh boardwalk that are always open.  "jenks club" for
example.   so again, depending on what direction they go in with
this "entertainment/retail" it might work out.  if they have places
like that.  another interesting thought.  they had  lots of talk,
about making the boardwalk buildings accessable from both sides.
the boardwalk and ocean ave.  if thats the case.  any year round
retail on the boardwalk COULD survive.  you woudlnt have to set foot
on the boardwalk.  it would just be like parking your car on the
side of the road, and going inside.  like any other store.  another