The bit about the escaped mental patients being dropped off in AP
smells a bit too much like urban legend, but in fact, de-
institutionalized mental patients were put into all sorts of halfway
houses spread around Asbury during the 1980s. In the late 80s and
early 90s, when there was still some vestigial life left on the
boardwalk, some of these people would come up and barely intelligibly
beg for money and/or a smoke. Haven't seen any of these folks in
years - probably died out.

~Heshy

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Corey Maccaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Is it true that escaped lunatics were dropped off in AP during the
race riots, or is this just an urban legend?