Just don't tell Tommy that Dan has a way of solving the school system
problem "Brooklyn-Style"

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Joe D'Andrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 9:39 PM +0000 5/13/05, dfsavgny wrote:
> >...The public school there is now one of the best in the
> >city because there area was gentrified. If you only put poor kids in
> >a school system what do you think you're going to get?
>
> Hey that's weird. You and Tom DeSeno may be on the same page with
this idea. I've heard him at City Council meetings and privately of
course talk about how we're supposed to be getting all these students
from the surrounding communities. That's the way it always was he told
me. We're the "receiving" district and the surrounding towns are
the "sending" districts. Of course very few people in the surrounding
towns actually send their kids here anymore. They come up with very
creative excuses why their kids need to go to Freehold Regional or
they can afford to send them to private school. I'll ask him about it
some time... maybe he can explain in more detail then. ~joe