--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dan I haven't been to a Council Meeting in months however
everytime
> that I been there the meeting was always being disrupted by Rita
> Jerry
> and sometimes you having your own discusions while the council is
> trying to do it's business I even seen Keady telling the group to
be
> quiet.

I don't think I have ever disrupted a council meeting. I have tried
to speak quietly to someone at times and perhaps it was a disruption
and I would be clearly wrong then, but that is not what this is
about.

> Everytime a speaker goes to the mic and bad mouths the city
> Jerry's and his group always claps and supports the speaker even
if
> it's a stupid remark.

Who is Jerry's group?

> Like Steve Weiner for instance.

I don't think Steve makes stupid remarks all the time. I have
certainly disagreed with many things he has said.

> So why can't
> the Mayor or Dep. Mayor or Councilmen support a speaker who
> commends them?

I have applauded for the council (recently). There is nothing wrong
with applauding if you approve of what someone says. However, if
that is a personal attack on someone else, then I don't think the
council should support that and in fact, it should remind the
speaker that remarks should always be directed towards the issues
and not the person.

> I have see Jerry always trying to get people to the council
meetings
> and nobody shows up. You know why? Because Jerry and his group
have
> no
> real supporter and because the major majority of residents in this
> city
> supports the council.

Really? I think it is more of an issue of ennui.

> If the council wants to pack the house they can
> whenever they want. If you look at the people who go to council
> meetings  25 percent of the people never have and never will ever
> support
> this council 50 percent who care and trust the council but will
> question them and 25 persent just want to see the show. What I
have
> seen at meetings were Rita and her group always being negative
always
> being sarcasic always disrupting the meeting. So why should the
> majority of this council take them serious? If you guys were nicer
> maybe they would take you serious. I don't blame the
> council for fighting back.

When was a meeting disrupted? Listen, there is much to be negative
over. There is also some things to be positive over, and perhaps you
have missed the several meetings when I have spoken at the
microphone and actually gave the council approbations.

Your analysis just doesn't hold water. I'll let Rita and Jerry speak
for themselves. Their conduct however, is not what I am talking
about. If you or others do not go to council meetings because of
other peoples' actions, well then, shame on you. Each of us have the
power to change the world we live in; including Asbury Park. If you
ar happy with the status quo, that is your right. However, if you
feel any group has hijacked the tenor of the council meetings
(including me) then it is not only your right, but duty, to speak
out and change what you do not like.