RE: AP Spray Park
Does any of the politicians or active community members on this Yahoo group
know what, if any, legal issues there are about City of Asbury Park
soliciting money specifically to be used to repay the $400K?

If they cannot, what would we have to do to solicit donations, sell
raffles, or even do a charity auction?  Last year, Darren and crew had
great artwork on the boadwalk that drew attention.

Heck, maybe asking the boardwalk and downtown businesses to participate in
a "add a dollar to help the kids" fund that they ask their customers to
voluntarily participate in via signs in windows, by cash registers, and in
menus.  This would not cost the business money, would show their community
spirit, and help the neighboring children.

If anyone has the know-how on getting this or any other idea started, I'll
gladly kick in my time and loud mouth to help get it rolling.  I know I
have purchased enough rugby raffles, softball shirts, and bachelor auctions
to hit my friends up.

While I do not have kids yet, I can see how showing the local kids starting
at a young age that the City cares  might help foster a greater a sense of
community as they grow.  Call me an optumist, but maybe in ten years they
will not throw McDonald's bags on the ground. :)

Respectfully,
Tom "Just Ask My Husband How Loud My Mouth Can Be" Wolfe
(I know I stole the "some phrase here" from Joe but I like it a lot.  I'll
send a royality check out next week)