On 4/9/06 12:45 PM, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

> Too bad not many people agree with you. We want to move on. We need to
> move on and stop trying to relieve our memories. Ocean Grove is more of
> a mindset for you. I mean that with no disrespect.

What's sad is that Ocean Grove will soon be one of the few towns in Monmouth
County still catering to tourists even though tourism continues to be on the
rise throughout the state and plays such a large role in our economy.

I still think the majority of people in the town think the plan is to bring
Asbury Park back as a resort town - not a sleepy little residential town.
You can talk about the elections all you want, I think people misread what
the plan was all about.  And it's not hard to see how this happened.  Just
look at the original plans.  There are people on the boardwalk, a hotel with
Tillie, ferris wheel, food restaurants and shops.

Anybody think it'll eventually look like that?