First hand experience yesterday...

I get the wife to go for a bike ride for breakfast - North to an
overpriced bfast at Turining Point or to "our new" place, the
Tides....to the Tides we go.

Since we had nothing really better to do...we manged to spend $17.00
(plus tip) at the tides - and that's not easy. 1 coffee, fruit salad,
mixed crepe, rasberry crepe, potatoes.....not bad since we normal
just split something (like their blueberry pancakes).

Back to the bikes, as we leave, I stop at A.Peddler, borrow an allen
wrench and take off.

Only to get stopped by a very polite Special officer advising me and
the other couple he stopped of the "rule". He explained that "kids"
were zipping around the BW, popping wheelies etc and making it unsafe.

According to the special officer, in the past they were able to use
their discretion in enforcing the "law" (which is obvious to us
old..bikes were never allowed, and for years, unless you had tires of
steel, you never would ride the bw)

And to give the special officer more credit, when the other couple
said there was no sign from Ocean Grove of the time limits (OG you
can ride til 10am I think), he said he will bring this up and see
that a sign is posted.

As for my wife who continued on riding, her comment was "if they
fixed Ocean Ave,w e woudln't ride the BW.

And as for AP Peddler, his biz is a great one, if the towns would
have a nice bike path along the entire oceanfront from AP South or
north. Deal has a nice bike lane and either side of the road. I did
see a sign that it was for sale for $200k. He is also selling his
bikes for $200 a piece.

To make a real go, YOU NEED PEOPLE. The more people, the more bikes
to rent. You still couldn't run anyone over yesterday @ 10am unless
you really had it in you.

Nothing beats riding a bike along the ocean. Did it today from my
house to the end of the LB BW and back.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM