--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The facts are what they are - Biking is prohibited except from 6am
> 9am. Biking and pedestrian activities are incompatible, which is
the
> reason for limiting bikes to certain hours. The Council is moving
> extend those hours, not reduce them, as a compromise.

To 12 pm. I like riding my bike on the BW as much as the next
person, and I agree that the recent non-enforcement of the EXISTING
law drew more people to the BW, whch is good. However, I also
realize that 1) a dedicated bike lane on the BW is likely
unfeasible, and 2) that when the BW is crowded with pedestrians, the
mixture of bikes and people is an accident (and liability) waiting
to happen. Some might argue that the council should not have
extended the period to 12 pm. I personally think that to 11 AM would
be a good compromise and that it should be allowed afterwards as
well, say from 6-10pm. In any event, I think the council recognized
the added allure of bike riding on the BW and tried to accommodate
it.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM