Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wanna talk Tax Ratables? Fishman and our City is giving these super rich persons a 50% Tax Deduction for 5 Years, and a 25% Deduction the following 5 Years! Where will the difference come from ......... YOU, the current Tax Payers!  Why should Rich People who pay less than 10% Federal Tax get TAX Breaks on $1 Million Summer Homes?
You're absolutely correct! In fact, I'll add to it.

.
Correct me if I am wrong
If I was to buy a condo for 500,000 I would be pay tax on a value of 500,000 without the abatement.  With the abatement I would be paying tax on a value of 250,000 for that same condo.  My home in asbury is worth $450,000 but I am paying tax based on a value of 100.000.  Who has the better deal?  Until the town is appraised I think the current owners make out better.  Especially since the tax per $100 is so high in Asbury.

Am I missing something?  Seems to me that this was a needed step inorder to sell the units  Otherwise they would be taxed too high.

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1ยข/min. __._,_.___

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS