--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I find it irresponsible and reprehensible, when lies are spread
and
> cause panic amongst individuals who don't check their facts first,
> before they speak, then rather than say, I was mis-informed, give
> you ten other reasons, why they think they are STILL right!  I
posed
> the question about where the 7 other shelters in Asbury Park ARE,
> because I KNEW they didn't exist!  A soup kitchen does not make a
> shelter.  I have a friend who serves the homeless at her church on
> the West-Side, ONCE a month and that's ALL they do.  For the 29
> other days or 30, with months having 31 days, the homeless, have
> flop, elsewhere!  The Mission will be on a MAIN thoroughfare, just
> as the Salvation Army, Sisters of Mercy and the Center, ARE!  The
> Center was in Asbury Park, prior to 1996, for all you newbies, out
> there and if it wasn't, it SHOULD have been!

Sharon, I don't know how many times one has to admit there are no
per se homeless shelters in AP before it sinks in. If you think
there is a case for fraud then I suggest you bring charges. If you
think there are not many places that serve the homeless in AP then
you are kidding yourself. I am not going to continue to defend the
flier.The truth of the matter is AP has MANY social services, more
than its fair share, which includes homeless services. I spend my
time walking my dog in Library Square picking up their and others
refuse. I'll chalk up the food and wrappers to squirrels, rats or
other four legged creatures. The wine, beer and liquor bottles are
from the two-legged variety.You throw that word NEWBIE around quite
often in your posts and I find it offensive. There's no seniority
around here, get used to it.