--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey, ask the City Council, the people you pay your PROPERTY TAXES,
to, WHY there is so much trash and refuse on the streets!  They have
municipal workers, so whose job is it to clear the debris?  Also,
why can't residents, just PICK IT UP, if you or they, are
so "quality of life"

I ask myself the samequestion. I think you willfind most"newbies" do
pick it up. Personally, I pay others to mow my grass and pick up
trash when I am not here. While I have no factual basis, I am
beginning to think there is a great deal of "fat" to cut on city
payrolls.

>  Back to Vail, he described Asbury
> Park as a festering, cess-pool

When? Can you show me that?

> When I sat on the board, I learned that Asbury Park
> has more 501c3's than ANY area around here!  Non-Profits, do NOT
> bring in tax revenue and this was at a time when Asbury Park was
DE-pressed!

Exactly the point of SUFA.

>  As far as referencing some posters as "newbies", I'm not
> backing down, because it is obvious, they DON'T know this area,
its'
> history OR it's long-time residents!  People who have lived here
at
> least 10 years, have seen Asbury Park evolve from virtually
NOTHING
> into a vibrant, living, forward moving and exciting environment,
> even with the Palace, gone! Even with the beautiful theatres,
clubs,
> all gone!

And? What difference does that make? Your term is derogatory.
Newbies came and put their hard-earned money at risk in this city.H
Had they not, AP would still be back in the times you describe.

>  There's virtually no Black restaurants, bars around here,
> like the Saturn, Oasis, Orchid Lounge, Madonnas, etc., because
they
> were either burned out or bought out, in the case of the Saturn
Club
> on Main St.  Madonnas was located where City Hall, is.  The Oasis
is
> closed on 1st Ave. The Orchid burned down a few years ago on
> Springwood and Memorial Drive and The Turf Lounge sits empty on
> Springwood and Atkins Ave. Sure, a new Black restaurant opened on
> Bond St., but Carribean food is not my culture and a new
restaurant
> just opened on Asbury Ave., but Haitian is not my culture,
either.

Are you suggesting a "white" conspiracy? You do african-americans
who HAVE opened a business here a disservice. How about Soul Mates
on Cookman? What about Mr. Fashion who never left?

> People in this forum, who use "coded speech" and "fear
> tactics", don't realize how racist and bigoted their views are,
> because they excuse themselves, when others see them for what they
> really are!  Now you figure it out.

The only onesusing coded speech are you, Steve and Cathy.