100% agree with you appojo about that decision being worse than
anything else for AP.  Far bigger effect here than anything else
that happened.

What this City could have been if the middle class wasn't gone for
so many years.

Glad to see the middle class is making a comeback.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apoojo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> > <justifiedright@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ocean Township is Asbury Park.
> > >
> > > Oakdorf can explain what I mean.
> >
> > Asbury Park is Asbury Park. People in Ocean Twp may have come
from AP
> > and would like to think are still from AP, but they left. Now
they
> are
> > not AP.
> >
> >i totally agree once someone abandons something they have no
right to
> call it theirs, i believe what tommy was trying to tell you, via
> himself or oak, was that many people abandoned this city, white
flight
> in the 60s and 70s for many reasons, alot were italian americans
who
> were prominent in asbury, and now prominebt in ocean township,
like you
> said their decision, probably made for the benefit of their
families
> which no one can argue with, but they are ocean townshipers not
asbury
> parkers, im shocked tommy did not rattle off 50 quick italians who
> still live here when you asked, i guess he knew you were joking,
> petillos. delpizzos, pallottos, ontos,
pappas,chinniccis,falcos,dellos,