I am not for sugar coating the truth but I am for the truth.  If Larry Fishman went on the news and say the development is well underway how many posts would be on this board bitching and moaning?  Yes there are buildings going up but not 200.

I am well aware that gangs are all over.  That is not my issue or the issue the UZE, Coaster etc the issue is why did he say 200 on tv?

----- Original Message ----
From: Hinge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, November 3, 2006 1:16:53 PM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Jim Keady & Inconvenient Truth(s)

Well, while I agree with you on putting out a number without checking the facts...one
indisputable fact is that we do have gangs in our city. Doesn't matter if there are 20
members, or 200. Either can cause alot of bad things to happen, and no matter how many
are physically here at one time, they are connected to people in other communities. So,
let's say there are 20 bloods in AP, another 20 in Neptune, and 20 more in Lakewood.
Don't you realize that gangs are big in the drug biz, and members seek out others in all of
these towns to do business?
Are you for sugar coating the truth to attract new business's?
Do you think it's right to hide the facts from prospective new residents, or business's that
might consider moving to AP? I don't. Gangs and crime are a fact of life here. That's the
real issue, and I think argueing about public opinion about our town is pointless. AP has
had a bad reputation for 30 years, maybe more.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Allan Peterson <nnjallans1@ ...> wrote:

> I disagree. He should not have given out that number unless there are facts to back up.
The town is too small in size and 200 would represent a rather large percentage meaning
that gang crime is out of control. People have risked everything to create businesses, fix
homes etc. This do-gooder must realize his words can cause damage.

> I am sure gangs exist but 200 members? Well organized? If that was the case then he
should show his facts. I don't think people have a problem with him saying that gang
members reside in town. It is when he goes on a new broadcast and starts ramblining
numbers. Why? So he can show he is going to save the town with basketball programs?
More homeless shelters? Rent control? All his intentions are good just not for ocean front
property.

The
> sick thing about all of this is that he's basically being asked to not tell the truth...hush
> hush, don't let the outside world know what a scary place AP is.
> What a joke. Just disgusting.
> And this is coming from Debbie at the Wonderbar... claiming it hurt their business and
it'll
> prevent new biz from coming our way. Give me a break. Asburys legacy of neglect,
crime,
> drugs etc. are the problem, not Jim Keady.
> And speaking of the Wonder Bar...I worked there one night this past summer. Most
> unfriendly place i've ever been to. Debbie wasn't nice at all to me, and neither was the
rest
> of the staff. Only nice person there was a bouncer.
> Unfriendly places keep me away.
>
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, MarioAPNJ@ . wrote:
> >

> > In reference to NJ Dave'scomment:
> >

> > Keady's campaign included gathering information and listening to the
> > thoughts and concerns of the people of Asbury Park. Door by door.
> > Apparently, those people liked what he stood for enough to get him
> > elected.
> >

> > As Jim knows and as I've said here before, I did not vote for Jim in the
> > last election.
> >
> > The tactics being used against him in recent months are so contemptible to
> > me that I've already started to reevaluate my voting criteria.
> >
> > e.g.: Asking him to read the letter from the UEZ. And especially, if
> > true, the reports here that it was done with malicious glee. And then there are
> > the "commie" and assassination accusation!
> >
> > Tommy used Shakespeare to introduce yesterday's column. He should look up
> > what Hamlet meant when he said: "For 'tis the sport to have the engineer /
> > Hoist with his own petard; and 't shall go hard."

Asbury park nj real estate United state flag Asbury park nj
Asbury park real estate United state travel