Let me start by prefacing with the fact I didn't personally see the
comments attributed to Jim.  That said, I have read many of the posts
here and based on the back and forth my issue with Keady is perhaps a
bit different than many I read.

I don't believe the debate is whether his statement was right or
wrong, too few or too many.  The issue is really whether Jim, in
seeking and getting the responsibility to represent us as an elected
official, has an obligation to speak more carefully and promote the
city rather than point out the negatives in a venue such as ABC.

That's not to say he should not fight the issues he believes are
important, just that as an elected official there is a time and a
place.  As an elected official he is no longer just the "community
advocate" who can say anything in any venue.  The citizens of AP
entrusted him with a responsibility not just to fix the bad but to
promote the good.  He seems to forget that there are people he is now
responsible for representing (homeowners, business owners, etc.) who
rely the continued positive momentum and press AP has recieved over
the past several years.  Many have staked their life savings to this
momentum.  To have someone that has been elected to serve their
interests so directly highlight the negatives so aggressively to the
entire region seems like a violation of trust.

To me this is not about truth.  This is about being more responsible
to the voters and citizens of AP than to his own agenda or the
viewers of ABC.  And there I believe he failed.  I believe he failed
me.