Are you saying that our vice president was baited and
switched? Couldn't you warn him of this deceit?
This racist and homophobe you have informed us about has no business
on our board of education! For a small city, I have never, in all the
places I've lived in, experienced such crisis continually with our
board of education and schools!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycheech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>     Last night I posted the following on the GLBT Asbury Yahoo
group.
>  I hope that the folks here think it is a subject worthy of
discussion.

> Dear Group,
>      Since I have previously promised to keep the group informed
about
> Board of Education matters that affect us all, I have been wrestling
> with my conscience since last night's important meeting on just how
> keep my pledge. I've concluded it is best to deliver the news, very
> disturbing news, at least in my opinion.
>       You will recall that the board needed to fill the seats of
Mrs.
> Sonnier and Susan Bisaha, both of whom resigned recently. The
Sonnier
> position was filled by Ms. Marie Castro, a part-time professor of
> English at Lehman College, part of the CUNY system. Personally, I
> could not be happier about that; the children of Asbury Park will
have
> a great friend and role model in Marie.
>       It is the second position, the one left vacant by Susan
Bisaha's
> resignation that we should find most disturbing for a number of
reasons.
>     The man chosen by the board has been the author, in my opinion,
of
> some of the most vile rascist AND homophobic "literature" in our
city.
> The greatest irony of it all is that this newly appointed school
> board member, Gregory Hopson, Sr., was the very person who had
accused
> Susan of despicable, cruel, and most unprofessional acts, all
reckless
> allegations which then had to be investigated at great expense to us
> and great distress to Susan. Upon thorough investigation by State
> offcials, those charges were, of course, found to be completely
> groundless. As his reward, he now gets to take the position of the
> woman he unjustly maligned.
>      How this man came to be chosen may be the most disturbing part
of
> last night's meeting, and I've alluded to it in the subject line
> above. If there is interest in this group for further details, I
will
> supply them to the best of my ability, keeping in mind however that
as
> a member of the school board I am bound by board policy, and I do
not
> speak for the board.
>       Suffice it to say for now that the person who nominated Mr.
> Hopson was the Board of Education Vice President Garrett Giberson,
Jr.