--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "cabaretjon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> NOOOO, Justified, I am not calling this man a racist or homophobic,
> Frank D'Allessandro POSTED that this man IS a racist and a
> homophobic.  Since Frank is one of the spokesmen for OUR community, I
> assume that he did his homework. (After all, Frank IS a retired
> teacher). He must have researched this before he would make such
> serious allegations; otherwise Frank should be considered a disgrace
> to our board of education!

    Maybe this is a distinction without a difference, but what I have
stated is that the man's extensive rantings were both rascist and
homophobic.  "Justified" then made the logical short leap to state
what I had only implied.  His inference then gets repeated over and
over as what was stated explicitly by "Justified", but not by me.  I
believe in freedom of speech and that includes hate speech. I believe
I've been around long enough to recognize hate speech when I read it
or hear it, whether it's directed at people because of their race,
ethnicity, or sexual orientation.  It's just that that I do not
believe that such protected speech should be rewarded with the high
honor, and yes it is a high honor as well as a solemn responsibility,
of being a member of the board of education.  I also believe a
person's word is his bond, and that accounts for my characterization
in the subject line of "bait and switch betrayal."  Unfortunately, I
cannot give an explanation more explicit than that.  It is gratifying,
however, that a dialogue, however heated can take place on this
subject.  Sunlight, even with its heat, is still the best disinfectant.

                                  Frank D'Alessandro