Hey Caberetjon, now you are calling this man racist and homophobic.
Do you know him, or are you relying on Frank labeling him that?

I hope Frank sets for the proof of his allegation here.  Those
labels are two of the worst things a person can be.  I truly want to
see the proof before I call someone that.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "cabaretjon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
> group.
> >  I hope that the folks here think it is a subject worthy of
> discussion.
> >
> > Dear Group,
> >      Since I have previously promised to keep the group informed
> about
> > Board of Education matters that affect us all, I have been
wrestling
> > with my conscience since last night's important meeting on just
how
> > keep my pledge. I've concluded it is best to deliver the news,
very
> > disturbing news, at least in my opinion.
> >       You will recall that the board needed to fill the seats of
> Mrs.
> > Sonnier and Susan Bisaha, both of whom resigned recently. The
> Sonnier
> > position was filled by Ms. Marie Castro, a part-time professor of
> > English at Lehman College, part of the CUNY system. Personally, I
> > could not be happier about that; the children of Asbury Park
will
> have
> > a great friend and role model in Marie.
> >       It is the second position, the one left vacant by Susan
> Bisaha's
> > resignation that we should find most disturbing for a number of
> reasons.
> >     The man chosen by the board has been the author, in my
opinion,
> of
> > some of the most vile rascist AND homophobic "literature" in our
> city.
> > The greatest irony of it all is that this newly appointed school
> > board member, Gregory Hopson, Sr., was the very person who had
> accused
> > Susan of despicable, cruel, and most unprofessional acts, all
> reckless
> > allegations which then had to be investigated at great expense
to us
> > and great distress to Susan. Upon thorough investigation by State
> > offcials, those charges were, of course, found to be completely
> > groundless. As his reward, he now gets to take the position of
the
> > woman he unjustly maligned.
> >      How this man came to be chosen may be the most disturbing
part
> of
> > last night's meeting, and I've alluded to it in the subject line
> > above. If there is interest in this group for further details, I
> will
> > supply them to the best of my ability, keeping in mind however
that
> as
> > a member of the school board I am bound by board policy, and I
do
> not
> > speak for the board.
> >       Suffice it to say for now that the person who nominated Mr.
> > Hopson was the Board of Education Vice President Garrett
Giberson,
> Jr.
> > I do not think that I am being overly dramatic when I say that
our
> > city and our school board suffered a real setback last night,
and
> the
> > truly sad part is that the person most responsible for this
> > degradation was the vice-president. We had an opportunity to
fill
> the
> > vacancy caused by the resignation of Susan Bisaha with another
> > well-qualified and caring resident of our troubled city. That
> > gentleman, and I do mean gentleman, was most eloquent in his
> > during the Board's public interview. The fact that he was passed
> over
> > in favor of one who has sought to divide the city with
unrelentingly