Dear Group Members,
       Thursday night the Board of Education had its annual
"Organization Meeting", which takes care of typical administrative
chores mandated by law such as re-establishing board policies,
appointing bank depositories, etc.  Prior to that, the new board
members (Barbara Lesinski and Tom Pivinski) and returning board
members (Garrett Giberson, Mrs Sanders and myself) took our oath of
office and were seated.  The Board voted to table the immediate
re-hiring of the present law firm to give the board members time to
consider their proposed contract and perhaps other offers by different
law firms.  Robert DiSanto and John Figueiredo were voted President
and VP respectively.  There will be a special BOE meeting to take care
of pressing business on Thursday, May 3rd at 8 PM.  The reason for the
rather late start is that the meeting will be preceded by the QSAC
community forum from 6 to 8 PM.  The meetings will take place at the
Bradley Elementary school on 3rd Ave.  I'm not sure what the acronym
"QSAC" stands for—something like "Quality Standards Assurance
Committee", but it is a new State mandate for all school districts
where a team of folks from the State come in and interview all the
Board members, administrators, representatives from the staff, and
then they walk through the schools and observe what is going on.  They
then have a public forum to elicit input from the community.  There is
a report that they write, which should be very interesting!  Everyone
is invited, of course.   The Board also voted to have their regular
monthly board meeting on the 4th   (not necessarily the last)
Wednesday of each month.  If you have any questions, please e-mail me.
 Thanks!

             Frank D'Alessandro