In a message dated 8/24/2007 1:03:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

You  are talking about convenience.  Don't lose site of the fact that the
cnversation was about reliability of data. I was challenged on the information
as to whether it was  correct that 90% of journalists gave to Dems.
You said 90% of MEDIA not Journalists.  I asked for the  source; I did not
question the reliability at the  start.

After being  challenged, I posted their names, employers and to whom they
gave.
You didn't give your source until after many many stonewalling posts saying
to go look up your old columns (which aren't available online that I know of),
 and whining that I hate you.

You  can't get more specific than that.
Yes you can; provide the link and use a non-partisan source like  Te Center
for Responsive Politics.
Just yesterday I received email from The New England Journal of  Medicine
containing an overview of where they stand in the upcoming 2008  elections.
They
cite exclusively from  "Open Secrets"  at The Center for Responsive Politics.

_Click here:  NEJM -- Election 2008 -- Campaign Contributions, Lobbying, and
the U.S. Health  Sector_
(http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/8/736?query=TOC)  . I guess they
concerned about how 2008 will affect their  industry.

I still haven't seen the guy that challenged  me say that I was right.
I posted exhaustively about how your 90% was misleading.
I won't use your lines"  "Can't you read?"  "People who were too  stupid to
read this column closely."  et al.

You are right that the data you cut and pasted supports your 90%  figure for
journalists, but it was misleading because it does not  include corporate
media which controls what is printed in many cases. Your  MSBC source admits it
is
a  mere fraction of the  industry and you omitted "How the Survey was
Conducted."

Many see MSBC as right leaning (_http://tinyurl.com/cbgwx_
(http://tinyurl.com/cbgwx) );  and it is for profit, but at least a link would
have shown some
respect for  those who read here.

I focused on OVERALL media ownership, in this case the electronic  media
where most of America gets its "news": TV and Radio  Stations --  41% Dems
59%
Repubs  _Click here:  Industry Totals: TV/Radio Stations_
(http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.asp?Ind=C2100)

Instead he  moved the conversation to internet etiquette about posting links
versus the  actual data. He was wrong so he changed the subject.
Difference between "how useful or revealing sources are" and "changing  the
subject."

Was it changing the subject to refer to the big six  media owners: General
Electric, Disney, CBS,  Viacom, Time Warner, News Corp and where their
contributions  went.   My link provided the following:  41% to Dems; 59% to
Repubs.

My link provided additional information to support that the  Center for
Responsive Politics is the highest rated such  organization and non-profit.

You don't need to be the gatekeeper of information.  Take whatever you  want
out-of-context" if you want; but give us the link to judge for  ourselves.

I'd wait  forever if I was to wait for him to say my facts were  right.
Forever is right, when you change terms from media to journalists, and when
you imply your sources have an  imprimatur, are infallible  and the bottom
line for truth.

Even if one looks at only the 143 journalists you pasted, most of them
bought the White House propaganda and rarely reported on the Cassandra-like
warnings coming from the diplomatic core and the Pentagon which turned out to
be
real.

He won't so  I've moved on.
Feel free.  That just might improve the tenor of discourse here.