> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <jerseykev@> wrote:
> >
> > I saw a guy sleeping in the parking lot over the weekend, he had
> > three options.  "Shelter, hospital or jail."  He was not sick so
the
> > hospital wouldn't take him.  He was not "jailable" - so he had no
> > choice but to go to the shelter.  He had 2 options there.  Fort
> > Monmouth or Asbury park.  Fort Monmouth wouldn't take him, so he
> > wound up in Asbury park.
> >

> Fort Monmouth screens and if there were warrants outstanding he gets
> jailed. Some do not want to be screened. Too bad.

I happen to agree with the Ft Monmouth Policy.  However they also
limited the time you stay within a year.  They wouldn't let "Stash"
back until January 2008.  I also know thatthey keep you so many days,
because county tax payers dollars pay per diem, for some amount of
days.  After the county money stops they get booted out, there in is
the bigger problem.

So, what do we do with the homeless Dan.  I know you long enough to
know you are reasonable.  I agree that dumbing and relocating are
wrong.  This isn't to say I agree with the three horseman of Asbury's
position - I do know quite abit about what is goin gon in this State
on this issue.  The State has no constitutional requirement for
shelter of anyone.  Homeless people are not a protected group.  Many
cities in NJ are sanctuary citys for illegals but not homeless.

I learned today he is well known "Stash" is the name the LBPD have
given him.  Apparently he is mentally disabled and there is no place
for him, so they let him stay on the street and they sought of move
him along from place to place when someone complains.

It's a major problem.

KB