Some interesting tidbits about Rep Jefferson:

"...Jefferson has received criticism for his actions in the aftermath of
Hurricane Katrina. Five days after the hurricane made landfall, under his
authority as a congressman Jefferson utilized a National Guard detachment to
recover personal effects and belongings from his home.[6] After the truck in
which he and the detachment traveled became stuck, further National Guard
resources were expended (amidst ongoing search and rescue operations) to aid
the original detachment, including a second truck and helicopter."

"...In the wake of the corruption investigation, the New Orleans media often
refers to the congressman as Dollar Bill Jefferson. He "received his
unflattering nickname from the late Ernest “Dutch” Morial."  It seems that
"Morial had asked his protégé for some legal work and was given it — along with
a staggering bill. Outraged, Morial coined the nickname."

The magazine Rolling Stone listed him as the fourth-worst member of the House
and gave him the nickname "Bribe Taker".[45]

Various bloggers have come up with nicknames of their own. These include, but
are not limited to, "Mr. Freeze" and "Cold Cash Jefferson"."

Yeah Sharon, the FBI set Dollar Bill up!