The amount of stations in America is insignificant because Clear Channel is in
charge of the
majority of high wattage stations. Those stations have the money to do plenty
of advertising.
A vast majority of Americans listen to the big, high wattage stations. I.E.
KROCK, WNEW etc.
And bear in mind, Gary is and always has been involved in the music industry,
and he knows
what he is talking about. He's not just Googling information.