Tommy, You being a lawyer and all, would research the issue, rather
than answering willy-nilly!  I just happen to have first-hand
knowledge, about the 1934 Communications Act, due to my work with the
experimental stage, of what was known then, as "microwave" systems,
first field tested in Chicago.  Bell Labs, has a facility in
Napierville, Il., a suburb of Chicago.  New Jersey was ground station
zero, on the regulatory acts, patents and copyrights, (me)!  Not a
lawyer, but my Business Law, kicked in, at that point, as to which
government regulations, the Labs had to adhere to, right of ways,
etc., in order to field test, what we now carry in our pockets, the
cell phone!  Just remember how big and cumbersome, the first CELL
phones, were!  You see one in the Geico commercial, where a woman's
brother is driving the same car for 20 years and still owns his first
cell phone!  Hilarious and nostalgic!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Isn't there about 13,000 radio stations in America?  I don't think
> 1200 puts you in control of all listening.
>
> I think it puts you in control of about 8 or 9%.
>
> If you consider that the local decide what gets played, there is no
> control.

This is a no-no and reeks of discrimination, an act that can get you
shut down, forever!  Or not, considering the climate and politics of
the sitting Republicans, who in my estimation, still control
everything!  Personally, I have no faith in the Dems, either!  Take
your pick!