--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rogerpoulard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> And if by the
> city's own admission, we have 25 people living on the streets in as
> small of an area as Asbury Park, the city clearly isn't doing enough
> to fix it.

How many of those people are from AP, and how many came here because
this is where they are told to go after being released from prisons,
hospitals, etc.?

The city IS doing enough.  The State and County are not.  Please stop
blaming "the City."  That's just helping the folks from the County and
State who are sending them here deflect responsibility from themselves.

I don't know if you were at the Freeholders meeting a few months back,
when the Freeholders held their meeting in AP.

They spoke of a homeless count done in AP recently.  They came up with
a number (I forget the exact) of something well over 100 (such a
rediculous number I can't even remember it).

I inquired of how long the count took.  Ready for this?  One day.  You
couldn't talk to that many people in a day to find out if they are
homeless if you invited them to a room and lined them up.  Forget it
if you have to go looking for them.

I finally got to the bottom of it - the bigger the count, the more
money the feds will send to the County or State (forget which) to deal
with the "problem."

So someone sent some joker out here for a day who probably saw any one
of us walking down the street and marked us down as homeless.  The
more homeless, the more money.

Two things:  I don't believe any of the counts, and where the hell is
the money, because they aren't sending it to Asbury.