--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Sharon and Mario.
> I'm going to find a way to focus on the things  about AP that I am
most passionate about,
> such as making the park a safer, cleaner place, and continuing to
push the issue of
> surveillence cameras. I really care about public perception (from
outsiders) about this city.
> I may still go ahead with creating a more efficient city message
board as i've previously
> discussed, with it's own domain name. Obviously, there are some
people here which will
> have absolutely no interest in checking it out because they think
it will be restrictive. I'd
> just like it to be a cordial place. A good example is the political
group I created. There has
> been no need for moderation there at all, and there's been some
great, heated
> discussions. The difference between that group and this one is that
people make an effort
> to keep it a functional place to hold discussions  without making
ugly, personal attacks.
> Yesterday, somebody wrote that the posters here are ambassadors for
the city. I agree
> with that completely. The last two days corrupt that ideal and hurt
our effectiveness.

> -- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <sharon_b283@> wrote:
> >
> > Mario,
> > Couldn't help chuckling at the names of these NEW groups!  I like
SUS,
> > over the other, which makes me, HOWL!  I giggle at the least
little
> > thing!
> >
> > Hinge,
> > Don't go!  You are my eyes!  We do appreciate you too!  Well, I do
> > anyway.  You stand for something and it isn't funny, when you
request
> > something that is reasonable, such as lights in a park.  What a
little
> > thing to ask for and it goes unheeded.  Woe to the City, when
> > something happens, that didn't have to.  Makes you wonder if the
horse
> > patrol is more important than safety, when they're not around.
Things
> > that make you go, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, MarioAPNJ@ wrote:
> > >

> > > In a message dated 10/18/2007 7:08:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight
Time,
> > > dfsavgny@ writes:
> > >
> > > All  are free to skip over certain posts and posters. Quite
frankly
> > there is
> > > too  much talk and no action about the same things
> > >
> > > Mayb we can all coalesce around what most here agree on.
Surveillance
> > > Cameras.
> > >
> > > Stand Up for Surveillance.    SUS?   Stand Up for  Cameras
won't do.

> > > I know the city council is working on this, but we can show up
en
> > masse to
> > > indicate that the issue needs to be fats tracked.

> > http://www.aol.com

"Silence is golden."

For a while there it was kosher, but then you solicite a little
sympathy by saying, "Whaaa, I am gonna leave..." then you pick up
your old balliwyck and start inflaming the whole thing all over again.

Do the 390 silent members of this group a big favor and go off to
your political group where you are the moderator.

KB