--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dapawprint" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...  Could that meeting be the first step to use
> emminent domain AGAINST the Partners and to allow MM to take it all
> over by themselves?
>
> Just a thought - and a question for all of you to ponder.

First of all you need to understand that Asbury Partners has the
development 'rights' within the Redevelopment Area. The designation of
that area is what allows the City to use Eminent Domain and turn over
property to the Partners.

More significant is the fact that everything East of Ocean Ave is NOT
in the Redevelopment Area. That was all Public property  sold outright
to the Partners. It is now Private Property and not in a redevelopment
area.

The City could declare Eminent Domain on any or all property east of
Ocean Ave and return it to Public Ownership.

I have always said that keeping that property in public control, for
example leasing it to operators, would have been the best approach
instead of a sale.

In addition the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Credits available
along with Preservation Grants that are targeted for public sites
would have been very valuable.

As it is, its all private property, so why is Code Enforcement not all
over them like they are with some folks ?

Werner