--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I would love to understand why the council has been so easy on
> Partners for so long.  That's a question that is often asked on this
> board but never answered in any forum.

I for one never cited corruption for this acquiescence or for the
creation of the conditions of the deal without proof. As for the
latter,  while I may have my opinion, it is based on circumstantial
evidence. Let's just say that there were extraordinary circumstances
and coincidences back then. The deal was certainly not birthed under
the best of conditions.

As to the former, I say let's take your approach with MM and apply it
to the council. The past is past. Placing blame will get us no where
unless someone is blocking progress and they can be removed.

We are where we are. I know for a fact that the entire council and
governing body is fed up with Partners and wish they were gone. I am
not bowing down, but I have decided to try to work with the council to
make things better here. I think we all want the same thing and
despite any differences of opinions I have had with certain council
members, I believe they have the best interests of the city at heart.
I may think they are wrong at times or that they do not have the
ability or wherewithal to do what is necessary, but they are doing
what they think is correct.

Thus, we are all in the same boat. The object is to move forward and
we should all put our shoulders together and push in the same direction.