> Why the "If it is passed on..."
>
> IT SHOULD BE PASSED ON. It is everywhere else.

I am not saying it should not be passed on. And if we are talking
about a municipality pissing away money, yes the house should be put
in order. I am for the Budget Committee.

However, that being said, while I am sure that part of the problem is
pissing away money, part of it is not that simple.

While I wish everything were black and white, more oft there are
greytones. Consider not the spending side but the revenue side.
Consider a hypothetical.

Let's say societal and governmental forces outside the municipality
act to foment and encourage the ghettoizing (poverty-stricken urban
area) of the municipality, or large areas thereof. Sure enough there
is enough blame to go around.

But we have come to learn that there is no safe haven. The "ghetto" as
it were, follows you to work, follows you to the store, follows you
home. There is no escape.

And so, I am not so sure that the county, or the state, does not have
 some responsibility for the conditions here. Should the state and
county get a free pass, no?

The simple fact of life is that some will have to give more than they
receive and others will receive more than they give. As a NYC
resident, I know that we pay more taxes to the state and fed than we
receive in direct services in return. A fact of life.

And for those outside of AP who say "no more, get your house in order"
(as we well should), what price do you put on having all the people
and problems you do not want living near you? Is that to be a free
service for us to provide? None of us are guiltless.