--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "jwkeady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Since you (and others) would like some evenhandedness here,

It was I that used that phrase, so I will respond. And I preface this
all by saying I have always supported your efforts and still do.

What i am talking about is mixed messages. The purpose of the Budget
Committee is an attempt to get our house in order - not to assess
blame. While that process may in fact uncover who is to blame and may
result in blame being assessed, I think it is counterproductive to
start the blame game at the beginning, or at least in announcing the
formation of the committee.

Do I know why we are here? Partly yes. Did the promised ratables not
materialize? Absolutely. Does part of the blame lie with the council
majority? Surely in my view, and I have certainly not been quiet about
that over the years.

Perhaps I was wrong, but I saw the committee as something separate
from any movement to assess blame ont he council majority. Surely they
have their faults and anyone or everyone is free to criticize them or
try to get them out of office. But for my part, I thought that to
include criticism of them in the post about the committee to be
inappropriate. Just as I thought Paul was inappropriate to include
criticisms of you in his early SUFA posts.