> And for those outside of AP who say "no more, get your house in order"
> (as we well should), what price do you put on having all the people
> and problems you do not want living near you? Is that to be a free
> service for us to provide? None of us are guiltless.

Agreed that we all have to share to "resolve our guilt..".

Can someone put a number on those costs in AP?

Police, Schools, Health Dept, Special Services etc...? Then the
question becomes, are we (the city) GETTING ENOUGH $ to cover these
costs??

But you can look at Ocean Township, and the number of apartments and
homes that require special services and wonder if Ocean Twp receives
enough state/fed aid.

This is the biggest problem facing every muni in NJ - how much do we
have to charge the residents to run the thing? That's why every
department has to run as a profit center - charge for it's services and
track expenses. That's also another a good reason where things like tax
collection, building inspections, courts all have to be regionalized.