Jim,

Perhaps it is your vendetta against the council majority and the
redevelopers that should be put aside in the interest in moving this
city forward.  This baseless accusation of incompetence on the part
of the council followed by your sanctimonious "peace" closing is
enough to turn the stomachs of most people of my "ilk".

Notwithstanding the shortfalls of the redevelopment agreement, the
members of this council and the previous council achieved more for
the people of this city than you could ever dream of.

Your attempt to exploit the current real estate market to whip up an
anti council feeling amongst your constituents is completely
transparent - but not surprising.

Paul Vail

"It is important for each of you to know why this committee is so
necessary at this point in Asbury Park's development. Because of
the failed policies of the Council majority, most specifically in
regards to the Waterfront Redevelopment Plan and the Waterfront
Redevelopment Agreement, our city is short $8 million dollars in tax
revenue to cover our bills for 2007 and it is projected that we will
be short $12.5 million dollars in 2008."

"For those of you who are unaware, by this point in the redevelopment
of the waterfront, we should have been close to having 1200 new
condominium units (300 each year). To date, we have approximately
40.  One cannot blame the most recent market shifts for this lack of
performance. This is a matter of incompetence on the part of Asbury
Partners and an unwillingness to play hard ball on the part of the
Council majority."

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "jwkeady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> You need to wake up, put your personal vendetta for me aside, and
deal
> with the facts I have presented.
>
> We are currently have an $8 million dollar budget deficit.  Next
year
> we will have a $12.5 million dollar budget deficit. If we were in
the
> corporate world, that would mean that we are BANKRUPT.
>
> If you invested in a company that went bankrupt, who would you
hold
> accountable?  The voting majority of the Board of Directors,
that's
> who.
>
> Since you (and others) would like some evenhandedness here, let me
> offer the following. You were the driving force behind shutting
down
> the homeless shelter and your main argument was that Asbury Park
has
> shouldered the burden of all the other surrounding towns for far
too
> long.  You said that it's time that towns like Deal, Avon, Belmar,
etc.
> pull their weight.
>
> This is a fair argument.  Now, in the same way that you do not
want to
> carry another town's burden, they may feel the same way about us.
> use your logic, every town that is helping to pay our bills could
be
> saying, "Hey Asbury Park, we are tired of paying for failed
policies to
> the tune of $8 million dollars a year or more.  Get your own house
in
> order and stop wasting our hard-earned tax dollars."
>
> Given your stance on burden sharing, I would think you would agree
with
> this sentiment.  But, unfortunately, you are only "evenhanded"
when it
> suits your personal agenda Paul.
>
> Here is the current state of our pending fiscal crisis.  I spoke
with a
> representative from the Department of Community Affairs yesterday
at
> the League of Muncipalities Convention.  The person I spoke with
> confirmed that we will be receiving $8 million in aid for 2008.
That