Thanks! I bought here a few years ago because of the history and the
potential. And, as I have said in earlier posts, it was one of the
few places where I could afford to buy a house close to the beach.
But, also, living in Hoboken and the city, I prefer diverse, urban
environments to more sterile places anyway.

AP is different than it was a few years ago, but there is still a
major crime problem that needs addressing. I would like to feel
comfortable walking around my neighborhood. I did, but not after the
latest shooting on the next block. Taxes are insane, and the school
system is horrible. Buildings are condemned and just left. Condo
projects are started and left. There are far greater AP problems
than getting a parking ticket.

I pay my "donation" to AP, $7200/year in property taxes. I support
the local businesses (all Christmas shopping this year done in AP)
and restaurants (go Sister Sue's!- my favorite). I am very invested
financially and emotionally in this city's success. There is a
different investment and passion for AP for those people who live
here and those who just benefit financially and occasionally get
dinner on Cookman.