"The thought of a "disneyesque" redevelopment makes me want to puke.
I'd rather see them take a little more time with the design and build something
enduringly
great then a quick fix to make the impatient masses happy."

       What do you mean by "disneyesque?  What parts remind you of Disney?
Modern?  New?  I'm not agreeing or dissagreeing with you, just wondered what
part of the plan gives you these feelings.
       I had my own ideas on what should be done too, but from what i saw, the
buildings were modern and looked nice.  Some i liked, others i didn't.  The 5th
ave pavillion was handled well.  The only problem being being the curvey eye
brow awnings on the ocean ave side.  The only reason the awnings were placed
there is to tie the building in with the other 4 remaining pavilloins.  It's
not a secreet, they said it.  That's fine.  But you can't place them on
buildings that don't need them!