--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Design is very important to creating greater value through psycology
> and visual cues. 'Feeling Good' about a place even though you dont
> know exactly why is the result."
>
>        That's true.  Design can give off a feeling, good or bad.  Werner, one
> comment you
made about bamboo last night.  That seems to be a personal oppinon.  Bamboo was
proposed to be planted along part of the pool club facing the boardwalk.
Bamboo blowing
in the wind also gives off a feeling.  A feeling very similar to the overall
building design
feeling you mentioned.  Good to some, bad to others maybe.  Who knows!  I'm not
100
percent sure on how i feel about it yet however.  Did the planted palms on
either side of
the Paramount doors this past summer bother you? ha!

Its not a personal opinion at all - I like bamboo.

However it is inappropriate for that use and place - It is not a native NJ
Coastal plant and
is out of place and context - thereby devaluing the project.  Same for palm
trees.

Use of native plants would increase value and be easier to maintain.

Werner