True enough... but let's be realistic. Of that 17k, how many are vocal? How
many have a
voice, let alone one that's actually heard in what goes on in the "rebirth" of
Asbury Park?
And how many of those voices are responsible for the insane Imminent Domain
policies,
or the comical contracts entered into with redevelopers that allow things like
the
wasteland that is the second two Kushner properties of the Waterfront Skeleton
Part II to
happen?

 And if you want to bring up council meetings... what happened earlier tonight?
Let's just
see if anyone on this message board decides to talk about how one of the most
successful
night spots in the downtown was threatened with the loss of it's very
livelihood because a
few people seem to believe that we should all be in bed by ten PM.

Please excuse me for generalizing... it's very easy to do when you talk about
large groups
of people. I kinda came of age in this town, and I would like to believe that I
have a fairly
decent grasp of the amorphous quality that makes this place unique. When I look
at the
majority of vocal people in this town over the past 20 years, I'm fairly
disgusted that it's
been allowed to fall to the lows that it has achieved. And the fact that it's
managed to rise
to the level that it has is being seriously undermined by a vocal majority
that's too busy squabbling amongst itself to notice that the artistic, musical,
cultural, accepting,
subversive, and downright beautiful qualities that make Asbury Park unique are
being
stolen, torn down, paved over, and made into parking for fucking Pier Village
V2.0.

But in the words of a much better writer than myself... that's just my opinion,
I could be
wrong.

Cheers.