As much as I love riding on the boardwalk, I think they should simply enforce
the hours
for cycling that are posted.
During the week, there is plenty of room for both pedestrians and responsible
cyclists
prior to noon, which is the cut-off time.
Rather then shutting down the boardwalk to all bicycle riding, as you suggest,
we should
really enforce both the schedule and responsible riding. If people are riding
too fast in the
morning, then the PD on the boardwalk should stop them and tell them to use the
road if
they want to ride fast.
A vast majority of the cyclists on the boardwalk are responsible, and we all
shouldn't have
to suffer because of a small group of cyclists bad habits.
Also, despite the roads being paved, they aren't exactly safe for cyclists. A
smooth road is
great, but having to contend with people pulling out directly in front of you
isn't exactly
my idea of a good time, and it's already happened to me twice this summer.