--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "nobepeymay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...my feeling
> is that most people would feel that the pavillions looked tired
> prior to the renovation and they look better today?  Maybe someone
> can start a survey on this?......it would be interesting to see the
> results.  Pavillion appearance this summer versus last summer?

I'll give you everyone the results to the above question.

98% yes, they look better.

2% No, they don't.

The storage trailers are iffy right now and while they serve a
purpose, don't exactly cut it, in my mind - as they stand TODAY.

I conducted my study/survey the following ways.

1). I grew up on the boardwalk. I wash as old merchants dealt with the
city and the times.

2) I worked and owned a place in the first and third ave pavillons. I
worked in the 5th ave Pav. I can tell you what was leaking and where
and what was done by the city (tar paper) and by us  to operate -
nothing short of hard hats.

3) Glass windows on our days and after would typically get a brick or
body tossed through it. The "garage" doors that lined the boardwalk
really didn't belong on the buildings if you really think about it.
Only Criterion and the other candy shops had all glass. Convention
Hall was empty, the Paramount useless.

4. The boardwalk was caving in and instead of splinters you'd get
nails in your feet. NO one was on the boardwalk - not even pigeons
would bother coming - why would they - nothing for them even to do.

5. The bnadshell became deserted - it became unsafe - as wsa the rest
of the town. And this was long after the riots. IT wasn't jsut Asbury
- Long Branch, AC, Wildwood even POINT. Seaside was it. Wildwood and
Point had a couple fires as did long branch - all aroud the same time.
 Unfortunately, AP didn't - not fires weren't consuming alot of the
redevelopment zone. Point, Wildwood and Long Branch all recovered
after their fires. AP was just tooting along.

OVer the years boardwalk businesses cama and went - as it will be now.
Not everyone will make the cut. Maybe some of these ideas are good -
but better in smaller spaces.

AP never had beer/liquor on the boardwalk. Now it does. AP once
purchased lots of old liqour licences on the west side - the belief
from the state that there should not be so many in a small area....now
we'll ahve liquor in every pav.....

Sorry about the ramble, I forgot .

Stand on the boardwalk and listen to the older people go past. Listen
to all the different races/nationality/sex and their comments. Very
interesting.

It's a great place. A great boardwalk and a great beach - it's
changing day by day.

I know I am paying Ralph's rent. Another one today. The water park
going in there is top notch. They are putting real dollars into
construction - regardless of the end result. Does it make it right?

Does it make it look better, feel better and attract more people?